Multiple Course Completion States

Multiple Course Completion States

by Jace Kelly -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

Moodle Version 3.5.0

I am a Moodle newbie and still learning so thank you for entertaining my query. The company I work for delivers a new virtual training alongside a Moodle course that I have set up. We have been using Moodle for certification exams for several years but are now expanding our use of the platform and one of the major issues with this new course that I'm running into is that I need to be able to set up multiple course completion states.

The two criteria we want to implement: 

• A user who attends the course but does not participate fully or complete all of the assignments within the time requirement will be marked as "Trained - Attended"
  • A user who finishes everything within the time requirement will be marked as "Trained - Completed"

Right now participants are confused to their current status after the course has finished as there is no indicator other than the % on the Dashboard page and moving the course to "Past". 

I have experimented with the course completion criteria, but this only allows (to my knowledge) the instructor to manually mark the course as completed using the "manual completion by others" setting. These two criteria should be manual - the instructor needs to choose which one is picked for each participant. What I don't see is the option to add more states and I'm hoping someone here has had a similar use case or a workaround. I'd also like for participants to be able to clearly see which state they have been marked as and then issue a different certificate based on this. 

Average of ratings: -