Availability dates (viewable in Dashboard) in Glossary?

Availability dates (viewable in Dashboard) in Glossary?

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I think it would be great to increase the visibility of the Glossary exercise in the Dashboard. So far I have not been able to achieve that. If students aree set to create entries within a certain time window, I think the course overview / dashboard should display such info as a reminder. 

Such is the case with the Database module, for example. It has its Availability section which works well with the current Course overview block in Moodle 3.5.

Could a similar effect be achieved with glossaries?

Kind regards,

Przemek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

Re: Availability dates (viewable in Dashboard) in Glossary?

by Przemek Kaszubski -

I am replying to myself. Only now spoted this point in the Forum FAQ:

https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Forum_FAQ#How_can_I_get_my_forum_to_display_in_the_Course_overview_block.3F

which says: "Set an 'Expect completed by' date in the Activity completion section of your forum."

I have just tested this for Glossaries, and it also works! 

(In fact this (workaround) method works with most other modules that have problems communicating their deadlines and opening dates to the Course overview, or those that don't have Availability / Timing setings.)

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious..

Przemek

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Przemek for checking that the setting 'Expect completed by' works for glossaries (and other activities). I have added 'How can I get my glossary to display on the Dashboard in the Course overview block?' to the Glossary FAQ.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Przemek Kaszubski -

Thank you, Helen. Glad to have been of help smile 

P.