"time end" is local pc time and not server time, why? time limit off - but still see time left

"time end" is local pc time and not server time, why? time limit off - but still see time left

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Translators

Hello,

In some quizzes we don't want the students to see the "time left" countdown during all the quiz (we have some reasons for that).

Anyway,
1) We've noticed that even when setting the  "time limit" off , it shows the countdown time left to student when there is less than an hour left. is't it a bug?

if I want to show the time left I check the "time limit" setting but it's off so it's realy confusing.

2) And when this "time limit" works I've noticed that the "end time" is not the server\Moodle (quiz setting) time, but the pc local (student) time .
Lets say there is 50 minutes left for the quiz and for some reason the clock of the pc sets to hour ahead, then  the quiz will end immediately but we want the quiz to keep going because it's logic that the server time will be the indicator for the end of the quiz (as it's in the open quiz) and not the pc local time. 

is there any way  it won't be the client indicator but the server?

Thanks for any help

Average of ratings: -