Moodle for mobile

Moodle Mobile: is it possible to sync courses on 2 or more devices?

Picture of Bruno Tran
Moodle Mobile: is it possible to sync courses on 2 or more devices?

Hi there,

I am testing access and functionality of our courses on mobile devices with the App installed (Android).

Everything works well, but I started getting error message when attempting to synchronise courses after pointing the App on 2 devices to the same profile. I wonder if that could be caused by a conflict between the 2 instances?

Could that be the case? Would there be a solution?

Thanks in advance..

Bruno

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dani Palou
Re: Moodle Mobile: is it possible to sync courses on 2 or more devices?
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi Bruno,

depending on what you do you can cause conflicts, yes. For example, if you attempt a quiz in offline in one of the devices and you also attempt it in the other device, there will be a conflict. The same can happen with other modules like SCORM, edit wiki pages, etc.

The conflicts can also happen with the web version (browser), if you attempt a quiz in offline in the app and then you attempt it in the browser before synchronizing, you will cause a conflict and the app data will be discarded.

Kind regards,

Dani

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Bruno Tran

Hi Dani, 

Many thanks for your answer! This makes sense and I'd be happy if our set up behaved that way.. but for some reason, I get repeated error messages on one of the mobile devices, and it cannot sync - or even acess the course in question anymore. 

Can you think of a reason for this? Could it be our set up, or something I did on the mobile device?

Bruno

Picture of Dani Palou
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi Bruno,

which error is the app displaying?