moodle 3.5 error when opening a lesson page

moodle 3.5 error when opening a lesson page

by Rekha C -
Number of replies: 1

In the previous moodle apps, say 3.3, there was a download icon - 

a) I clicked to download page lesson

b) the icon vanished after download (so i knew which lesson i have downloaded, which i have not, which has been updated and i have to download again) 

c) I putback in recycle bin after reading the page (this reduced the MB load on my app)

In 3.5, the download icon has vanished, i click a page and the page downloads. 

d) I don't know which lessons i have downloaded, and hence I don't know which ones to delete.

Can you provide an option to show the Download icon and work as before? Is there a workaround?  

e) When i am offline, i do not know which lessons i have downloaded, hence, when i click a page, it will not download. This means downloading the entire course to view offline, which loads the app.

f) Also, there is an option to download the entire course - this takes a lot of time and hangs. Can I have a setting to prevent full course download? 

g) On many pages, I am getting an error on android 5.1.1 and 7.1.1 (moodle website 3.4 20171113) - i have typed the error from the mobile screen. I have mp3 files in it and text.

{"error":"

Error: Database connection failed<\/p>\n

It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly.<\/p>\n

The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php<\/p>","stacktrace"null,"debuginfo":null,'error code":"databaseconnectionfailed"}

Why is the error happening? Was it there in the December new moodle version? I have a moodle app made in Sept 2017 - no issues.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rekha C

Re: moodle 3.5 error when opening a lesson page

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

the download icons in the course can be enabled by clicking the top-right icon (3 dots) and then selecting "Enable download sections". Calculating which activities are downloaded and which aren't can be really slow, specially in big courses, so we decided to disable it by default because we had many complains about this.

The course download can be disabled in Moodle 3.5, but not in Moodle 3.4. It's done in Site administration > Mobile app > Mobile features > Disabled features, options "Download course" and "Download courses". If you have a custom app then you can just modify the code so they are not displayed.

That database error is returned by Moodle, not by the Mobile app. Please check that the database is running fine and it's correctly configured.

Kind regards,

Dani