General discussion

Three brazilian initiatives similar to MoodleNet in some aspects

Picture of Doug Belshaw
Re: Three brazilian initiatives similar to MoodleNet in some aspects

Thanks Daniel! (I edited your post to ensure that the third link was clickable)

It's early days in my journey to learn Spanish (32-day streak on Duolingo!) so you might have to explain some of these to me. 

They all look interesting and I think that we can learn from some of the features, particularly when it comes to regional differences. 

Is there any particular feature of any of the three sites that you think we must have in MoodleNet?

Picture of Daniel Neis Araujo

Hello, Doug

good to know you found them interesting.

Brazil has a lot of regionalism, that's true. I've found the landpage of the "Plataforma MEC REC" very attractive and the section with the six pictures explains very well the intents of the platform in a quick way, without login (I think it's important). The pictures could have links to the same "help" sections that exists on the footer, or even show the introduction of it in a "popover" and link a "more info" to the section.

Also, would be good to have the "wizard" or "user tour" feature that exists in Moodle and other systems (in an easy and translatable way).

Talking about translations, it would be nice to think about some kind of "translated versions" of contents or a way to link versios or "forks" of collections.

We could consider those aspects to make the app/website of moodlenet easy to undertand for someone that is "looking around" the internet and fint it.

Picture of Doug Belshaw

Hi Daniel, sorry just back from a two week holiday!

I agree, the six pictures with verb-based intentions are important for showing what the site is for. We'll be really focusing in on that during MoodleNet UX Milestone 3 smile