Error in update off moodle 1.9.19 for 2.0

Error in update off moodle 1.9.19 for 2.0

by Raphael Silva -
Number of replies: 7

What is this error? Can someone explain me? And help me in the solution?

Error

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raphael Silva

Re: Error in update off moodle 1.9.19 for 2.0

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The plugin error is normally caused by en empty directory - block/admin in this case. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Raphael Silva -

How can I fix this? Could you explain me?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Start by telling us what you did that caused this error?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Raphael Silva -

I have a platform in version 1.9.19 with some backup of courses, students and etc.

My boss asked me to learn to migrate from 1.9.19 to the current version, one version at a time (1.9.19, 2.0, 2.1 and so on).

When trying to do the migration from 1.9.19 to 2.0 gave this problem, among others in other plugins like books, excercise, lams, hotspot among others.

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

It seems like you are missing some of the Moodle .php files. Did you copy the 2.0 code over the 1.9 folder (i.e. into the same folder)?

I would do the upgrade this way:

1. Backup your Moodledata folder and Moodle database. Check the backups!
  2. Stop your web server (IIS / Apache).
  3. Download the Moodle 2.0 code .zip file and then extract it to c:\sites\salavirtural2\moodle20.
  4. Rename the existing c:\sites\salavirtural2\moodle folder to c:\sites\salavirtural2\moodle19.
  5. Rename the c:\sites\salavirtural2\moodle20 folder to c:\sites\salavirtural2\moodle.
    You've effectively "replaced" the 1.9 code with the 2.0 code.
  6. Copy your config.php file from the 19 folder to the 20 folder. Or use the 2.0 config-dist.php to make a new config.php file.
  7. Get the 2.0 versions of any non-core plugins that you have in 1.9 and extract them to the relevant folders in the new c:\sites\salavirtural2\moodle folder.
  8. I don't recall that far back if the 1.9 themes are compatible with 2.0. I think you'll need a new theme. Pick one and copy it to your Moodle c:\sites\salavirtural2\moodle\theme folder.
  9. Start your web server (IIS / Apache).
  10. Open your Moodle site. It should detect the new version and begin the upgrade.