Anyway to link plugins? (Scheduler and Attendance)

Anyway to link plugins? (Scheduler and Attendance)

by Doug Funnie -
Number of replies: 4

Hey Friends,

So this is what I'm trying to do. I'm using the Scheduler plugin (which works great BTW), and I would like attendance to automatically be updated based on Scheduler.

So it would go something like this:

1) The student books a class.

2) The class begins.

3) The student, after being booked in the class, and after the class has started, then has his booking converted to a present (or "P"), which is then updated in one of the Attendance plugins.

That's the basis of what I want.

On top of that, I would also like to be able to boot students out of a course if their attendance reaches a certain amount. For example, if I set their maximum number of bookings to 50, I would then like the system to automatically kick them out of the course once their attendance hit 50.

Thanks for the help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Funnie

Re: Anyway to link plugins? (Scheduler and Attendance)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Probably, but it would involve some custom development. 

As long as these things are logged as events you could write a plugin to watch the events and then trigger the required updates. Not entirely straightforward stuff unless you are familiar with Moodle plugin development. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Doug Funnie -

Yeah, it's not something I'm currently familiar with. I wouldn't mind diving in to the development world on here, but I'm kind of trying to push out-of-the-box Moodle as far as it can go before I go that route.

In reply to Doug Funnie

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

sounds a little bit like the facetoface activity which may be worth checking out.

I've often thought it might be interesting to add some form of "booking" functionality to the attendance plugin which I'd probably prefer over trying to integrate Scheduler with the attendance plugin myself.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Doug Funnie -

I'll check out Facetoface.

I also would like a booking feature built into one of the attendance plugins. While the Scheduler plugin works almost perfectly, the Attendance plugin doesn't actually meet my requirements. This is something I'm going to need to spend some time on, I think.