When working with faculty, I strongly discourage anyone from using scales, if they want the gradebook to perform calculations.
Recently though, when helping a professor with a gradebook, the scales calculated in ways I did not anticipate. Please see attached screen shot.
- The category (Discussions) is set to Natural Aggregation
- There are five discussions in the category; all set to Satisfactory scale (Not satisfactory, Satisfactory, Outstanding).
- Only one discussion is currently graded.
- Exclude empty grades is unchecked.
- Moodle 3.4.2 (Build: 20180319)