Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 3.4 and 3.5

Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 3.4 and 3.5

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

Collapsed Topics has been updated as follows:

M3.4 V3.4.0.4 - https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=17500

M3.5 V3.5.0.2 - https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=17501

Which:

1. Tidy up one section icon.
  2. Fix CONTRIB-7393.
  3. Treat themes using Boost as a parent the same as Boost - thanks to Tony Butler.

With CONTRIB-7393 this fixes an issue whereby existing courses may not be having their number of sections respected when this setting was put back in the previous version.  Thus courses may exhibit odd behaviour with modules being out of a section when they once were in a section.  Or suddenly a course has more sections than it used to with them being empty.

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 3.4 and 3.5

by Paul Gillary -

Hi Gareth, I was wondering if there was keyboard controls for the collapsed topics yet?

Thanks

Paul

In reply to Paul Gillary

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Paul,

No.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Paul Gillary -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your reply.

This must be on your roadmap of things to do though, right? I appreciate that this issue may have cropped up before, but any information on this will be very helpful. 

Thanks

Paul 

In reply to Paul Gillary

by Gareth J Barnard -

Yes, CONTRIB-7368 -> CONTRIB-7369.

The solution will be an AMD jQuery module as YUI is depreciated.  This means that I'll almost certainly need to port the old existing YUI code too.  This is not a small job.  When I get enough free time as a block then I'll look again and consider the problem and implementing a solution.

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Could there be any reason why my check for available updates is not detecting this new version? I'm still at 3.5.0.1 2018052300.

Moodle 3.5.1 stable. I successfully updated some other plugins yesterday..

Regards,

Przemek

In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Przemek,

I don't know as the plugin DB entry information is correct.

G

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Thank you, Gareth. I'm facing some other issues with the plugin settings page on this test Windows install (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=370552#p1508882). Once these are cleared, maybe the notifications and update checks will kick in. I'll know better also when any of the other plugins I have gets an update in the plugins repository.

Przemek