Release of STACK v4.2.

Re: Release of STACK v4.2.

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You will need to set up each of the plugin folders as a git repository (this is a one-off thing).

If you have not installed the plugins yet, you can use the commands in https://github.com/maths/moodle-qtype_stack/blob/master/doc/en/Installation/index.md#3-add-some-additional-question-behaviours, like

git clone git://github.com/maths/moodle-qtype_stack.git question/type/stack

To get a specific version, you can change that to something like

git clone -b v4.2 git://github.com/maths/moodle-qtype_stack.git question/type/stack

If you do this version, then for reasons I won't try to explain here, you should then do

cd question/type/stack
git checkout -b master
If you already have a question/type/stack folder in your install. Well, one option is to just delete it then do a git clone. That is simplest. It is also possible to do it without deleting the folder, if you know enough git. (git init; git remote add ...; git fetch; git checkout ...) but there is no real reason do to that.

As Chris says, you need to do it for all the plugins (qtype_stack and the three behaviours it uses).

Once that is done, the upgrading should be as simple as going into the folder for each folder, and doing

git merge --ff-only v4.3

where v4.3 is whatever tag you want to update to. The --ff-only argument is not strictly necessary, and I am not going to try to explain it, but I think it is a good idea to avoid certain mistakes that are otherwise easy to make.