Moodle for mobile

Show all sections in course

Picture of Javier Tejera
Show all sections in course

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to show all sections by default in the course. I think this would be a much better user experience for students. Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mark Johnson
Re: Show all sections in course
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

I dont think this is currently possible in the app, you would have to implement your own course format plugin to provide this.

Picture of Javier Tejera

I think it is possible to customise modifying the php files, but I am trying to figure out where is the php line. Thanks!

Picture of Mark Johnson
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

I don't think you can change this by changing the Moodle code, except for creating a course format plugin.  In any case, I wouldn't recommend modifying any of the core code used by the app's web services, as you risk breaking the app as either Moodle or the app are updated.

The section that's displayed first is controlled by the angular code in the app (initialSectionId in the core-course-format component, which is passed down from sectionId in the core-course-section component).   When this is set to CoreCourseProvider.ALL_SECTIONS_ID (-1) using the section selector, it will display all sections.  If you are building a custom version of the app, you could change the code so that it always uses this value, but I'd think that's a bigger maintenance burden than a course format plugin.

Picture of dat nguyen

i changed:

@Input() initialSectionId: number = -1;

but it's not affected