Buckaroo

Buckaroo

by Dick Coppus -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

A client asked me if we can include a Buckaroo payment system for when people enroll for a eLearning in Moodle.

The situation now is that I have a Captivate eLearning running in Moodle and people can do a self enrollment. This works all perfect, but the next step is that people pay to access the eLearning and later we will add more eLearnings that need to be payed separately. The client wants to use Buckaroo for this, but I can't find any information on how to use Buckaroo in combination with Moodle enrollments. Is it even possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dick Coppus

Re: Buckaroo

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There are enrolment plugins for Moodle that integrate popular payment systems (Stripe, Paypal ..). They are all here:

https://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=category&id=22

There is not a Buckaroo payment gateway that I know if. So you would have to make one (or get one made). Or just use an existing enrolment plugin.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Dick Coppus -

Hi Justin,

I will convince the client to not work with Buckaroo and pick one of the many payments plugins from Moodle.
The payments can be done during the enrollment for the course?

For the setup, do you know if it's possible to have (for example) 4 eLearnings available. You enroll for the first and do a payment and first have to pay to gain access and you have to pass for eLearning 1 to be able to start eLearning 2? This one you then also need to pay for.

Other option would be that you are always allowed to purchase all 4 eLearnings seperately but still the rule counts that you need to pass eLearning 1 to be able to access eLearning 2.

In reply to Dick Coppus

by Justin Hunt -

Its hard to lock down course access until a previous one has been complete. Not impossible, but a bit hacky ... see here:

https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Course_completion_FAQ

The way we have done it is to display the course enrolment key , only after the user has unlocked the final activity in the prior course.

If users are paying for the course that would be trickier/more hacky. But perhaps as you suggest they pay all 4 courses up front and then use the system above to control access to the courses with completion dependencies.es

In reply to Dick Coppus

by Justin Hunt -

Its hard to lock down course access until a previous one has been complete. Not impossible, but a bit hacky ... see here:

https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Course_completion_FAQ

The way we have done it is to display the course enrolment key , only after the user has unlocked the final activity in the prior course.

If users are paying for the course that would be trickier/more hacky. But perhaps as you suggest they pay all 4 courses up front and then use the system above to control access to the courses with completion dependencies.es