We could first discuss around what we want to achieve thanks to the functions of badges?
- making visible : the skills, the projects, the trust, the roles
- valuing : the commitment, the expertise of our members
- connecting : members within the language communities, and across the global community
- building Moodle learning pathways
Beside the type of badges that can be created for the members of the community, we should also reflect on :
- how to claim them (filling a form ; self-claimed...)
- how they are validated and issued (by peers, by an authority, automatically...)
- how they can be endorsed
What services do we have to develop to make Open badges usable inside the Moodle community but also outside ?
- displaying Moodle badges on a Map ?
- searching projects, skills, trainers, local groups ?
- Enrolment method with a particular badge ?
- visualize trust between members through endorsements ?