Multiple quiz attempts

Multiple quiz attempts

by Hugo Boel -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

In our quiz we are giving students the possibility to attempt a quiz twice, so that a student can have another try if he fails the first attempt.

But when a student passes the quiz, he has to do quiz another time in order to finish the course. Is there an option to NOT show the second attempt when a student passes the first quiz?

Thanks in advance!

Hugo Boelhouwer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hugo Boel

Re: Multiple quiz attempts

by Sam Mudle -

But when a student passes the quiz, he has to do quiz another time in order to finish the course. Is there an option to NOT show the second attempt when a student passes the first quiz?

You could write in feedback for 90% that tells them they don't have to retake the quiz.  Make sure you set the GRADING METHOD to HIGHEST GRADE. What's the big deal if they choose to take it a 2nd time?

But to answer your question, no, there is no way without hacking the code to do that.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Hugo Boel -
I agree that it is no big deal as long as you have an easy and obvious way to get back to the course when you passed the first quiz. For now I only see one button 'Re-attempt quiz'. Is there  an easy way to  return to get back to the course?  Or do I have to create this additional HTML/CSS?
In reply to Hugo Boel

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Hugo,

There is a way to do this without hacking code as long as your course completion is based on  a "Course grade" which depends on "Please note that course grade in Completion status is looking at total of points (rawgrade) rather than a percentage."

• use two quizzes
  • set the second quiz to be hidden unless the first quiz has a grade lower than your filing grade
At the start, no one sees the second quiz. If they pass on the first attempt, they still never see the second quiz. If they have too low of a score on quiz one, the second quiz becomes visible and available to betaken.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)