Moodle upgrade 3.1 --> 3.2

Moodle upgrade 3.1 --> 3.2

by Louis Tasse -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle instance installed on Ubuntu 14.04.

Trying to complete the upgrade from Moodle 3.1 to 3.2.Upon completing the upgrade and reloading Moodle, it redirects me to the "Server checks" page to resolve upgrade issues.

For each issue, I am redirected to resolution page on the moodle.org page. Tried all resolutions but still getting the save server errors.

Upgrade seems very tedious.

Can someone help to resolve all listed issues?

Thanks.

Louis.

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 12.52.29 PM.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Louis Tasse

Re: Moodle upgrade 3.1 --> 3.2

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to install all the php extensions and then restart webserver.  That should take care of it.  The Antelope Barracuda issue is taken care of in the database.

Actually none of those appear to actually halting the install so you should be able to proceed.

You say you have tried all resolutions but have not told us what this is installed on and what exactly you have tried...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Louis Tasse -
Hello Emma,

I installed all extension and worked accordingly:

• sudo apt-get install php7.0-curl
  • sudo apt-get install php7.0-gb
  • sudo apt-get install php7.0-zip
  • sudo apt-get install php7.0-mbstring
  • etc.
  However for the database, I had tried the procedure:

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Administration_via_command_line (Converting InnoDB tables to Barracuda)

but had to resort to manual SQL command within MySQL to convert (permission issue).

All is fine now but need to re-install plugins : ( .

Thanks.

Louis.

In reply to Louis Tasse

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, that is always fun.  My site has over 50 that I was having to manually install with each upgrade until I finally figured out git - you should look at that....

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Louis Tasse -

I will definitively look at Git.

Thanks again!

Louis.