Moodle Plugin Uninstall

Moodle Plugin Uninstall

by Alisa Natal -
Number of replies: 4

I got stuck on the plugin check page and managed to get to the Plugins directory page to try to resolve the issues. But, there is no auto uninstall on the plugins causing issues, and I don't need them. 

How do I uninstall them? I looked up uninstalling plugins - no luck.  

I come from a Wordpress background and keep getting stumped in Moodle. Every time I think I have a handle on it, something like this comes up! 

Attachment uninstall.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alisa Natal

Re: Moodle Plugin Uninstall

by Alisa Natal -

Oh, and I'm on 3.4.1, trying to update to 3.5.1 (tried unsuccessfully). And I'm fully used to using FTP and the Control Panel. Just getting used to Moodle!  

In reply to Alisa Natal

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It would help if you told us what was causing you to be stuck...the plugins you show are about to be installed, I see no problem...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Alisa Natal -

OH! Really? Then I guess my issue is that I am getting stuck on the "plugins require attention" page. 

Attachment plugins.jpg
In reply to Alisa Natal

by Alisa Natal -

Never mind, I was able to figure it out. Duh, the directory path was on the list. I deleted the folders via FTP (I zipped them first so I could restore easily if I needed them. Once I did I was able to update the database and get out of the page. 

Very frustrating that it sticks on that page!! 

But in case you run onto this, you can move away from the page, you just need to know the full path (and cannot get to the /admin/index.php, since that's what redirects to the status page, but you can get to /admin/plugins.php etc, which may be of some help, and the admin bookmark links still work).