Unwanted Image in login page

Unwanted Image in login page

by Dave Johnson -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 3.5.1

Server

Fordson theme

I have an image I need to delete on my login page, and I am uncertain how to do it. I have included a snapshot of my login page. I have tried editing it through cPanel by downloading an converting the index.php file to html to edit; then, resaving as php and uploading. This got rid of the image but I could not login. Server side administration had to reload the original index.php file.

Is there a way to edit Moodle pages through html? I am aware of and have used the CSS editor. Does the Atto html plugin allow you to do this? If so, how do I open it up?

What are your suggestions on how to edit this? I do not know any php... Thanks for your assistance.

Attachment Login.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Johnson

Re: Unwanted Image in login page

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Before you start hacking code and breaking your site...

1.  Look at the Fordson settings - the image was probably added there...delete it...

2.  Use CSS to hide it.  CSS can be added to the theme settings.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dave Johnson -

Emma,

Thanks for your help. I used the Atto html editor and found there was a line break tag (<br>) in the there...somehow?? Deleted that and the box went away.

Thanks, again.

Dave

In reply to Dave Johnson

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The orange box is because you have something inside the homepage Alert Box.  

Go to the Fordson settings and find the Content Areas page.  At the bottom is Alert. Using the text editor, switch to code view.  Delete whatever is in the textbox.  Most likely it is just a few spaces which is why there is no text.

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Dave Johnson -

Chris,

Thanks for your help. I used the Atto html editor and found there was a line break tag (<br>) in the there...somehow?? Deleted that and the box went away.

Thanks, again.

Dave