Issue when changing taxonomy string in local customisation (competency.php) not honored

Issue when changing taxonomy string in local customisation (competency.php) not honored

by Benjamin Waller -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

I have been testing the competency framework features in Moodle out and have come across a few issues.

My instance is Moodle 3.4 

When I changed the following 2 taxonomy strings in the Language customisation > competency.php file the terms while are reflected in the Competency Framework settings (see screenshot attached) do not get changed in the system/database

image of newly modified taxonomy terms within a Competency Framework (taken from the edit screen) which reflect correctly the modified terms

1 - taxononmy_behaviour to Criteria 

2 - taxononmy_domain to Element 

Images of the two modified terms from local customistation

Image of exported CVS file not reflecting the string changes

The way I found out this issue was when I exported a Competency Framework, from the system  and looked at the CSV file, those newly modified terms, are not saved. See screenshot snippet of CSV file with unmodified terms.

Also, possibly related to this issue is that I am unable to import this Framework, using the downloaded CSV file back into the system and get the following error:

Have anyone come across this issue? Am I doing it incorrectly?

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Benjamin Waller

Average of ratings: -