Moodle Mobile and reports (logging)

Moodle Mobile and reports (logging)

by Daniell Goodin -
Number of replies: 2

Disclaimer: This may be out of the scope of the current Mobile program and or my understanding of how the Moodle Mobile app works with a Moodle base. 

Moodle 3.2.2

Mobile apps - both latest versions Apple\Android. 

Problem. 

Students using the Moodle Mobile app are not producing the same detail in logs versus a desktop login. 

Examples: We can see via the attached picture the difference in information passed to the internal logging system. 

Is this going to change with an upgrade to Moodle 3.5?

Or is it that the mobile app is not going to be able to get the level of logging we are after. 

Also, it's interesting trying to design for mobile app first verses Desktop\Tablet website as its opening another can of worms with code sets that work and look good within the app. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniell Goodin

Re: Moodle Mobile and reports (logging)

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Daniell,

the Mobile app doesn't support as much logging as the web, this is something that needs to be improved. E.g. the app will store in the log that you viewed an activity (if you're online), but not that you've seen another user profile.

Cheers,

Dani

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dani Palou

Re: Moodle Mobile and reports (logging)

by Daniell Goodin -

Dani, 

Yes, been testing on a new 3.5.1 install. 

I am not sure how many other users out in the Moodleverse actual use logs as we do. 

In our case, it shows for compliance lets call it "Nominal hours" spent within a course or activity.  

While the mobile Browser and Desktop drill down into this with clear drill down into Event context, Component, Event name, Description

With access to an external 3rd party to click into any of these areas. 

The mobile app is just outputting a Generic static - Web service function called

All good, As you can see via my other thread knee deep into testing this 3.5.1 install and will get workarounds to keep compliance happy.