Moodle 3.5 Category not found error - Enlightlite

Moodle 3.5 Category not found error - Enlightlite

by Peter Koel -
Number of replies: 9

Hello All,

I am testing the Enlightlite theme. I created a new local user and assigned it this theme. The user logs in fine and is displayed the dashboard, with the two default categories. When the user clicks on one of the categories, intermittently, they are getting the error in the image below:

Error 1

if the user refreshes (f5)  several times, the entries in the category are correctly displayed as in the screen image below. Note that the URL being used is the same. 

error 2

If I revert the user's theme to clean, they do not experience the error. I have debugging turned on and no additional messages are displayed. No messages seem to be logged in the server logs. How do I debug this issue as it happens for all of my categories?

Sincerely,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Koel

Re: Moodle 3.5 Category not found error - Enlightlite

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you get the same problem if you switch to a core theme (e.g. Boost)?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Peter Koel -

No, I do not.

In reply to Peter Koel

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

At the risk of stating the very obvious, it's the theme then. 

As it's not a core theme I suggest contacting the theme developer. There'll be a bug reporting link on the theme page. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Peter Koel -

Hi,

I did submit an email on 7/19/2018, but have not heard back yet. 

Sincerely,

Peter

In reply to Peter Koel

by Howard Miller -

Buggy theme plus no response from the developer suggests to me that you find a different theme. 

In reply to Peter Koel

by Belinda Caulfield -

Hi Everyone, we had a similar error this morning. We found out the cause of the error was a visible course in a hidden category. 

Once the theme was changed to a core theme and we made the category visible, we have not been able to recreate the error since changing back to Enlightlite.  It does not seem to be an issue in a core theme only third party themes.

Hope this helps.

Belinda

In reply to Belinda Caulfield

by Bob Belz -

Thanks Belinda. We had this issue today. Reloading a page multiple times would eventually load it so could login into admin and did not need to switch to a core theme. Making the culprit category visible resolved this error.

In reply to Peter Koel

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Mary / Howard,

This (all of this) should be in the themes forum, please could you move it.

Thanks,

Gareth