Require time spent not showing in activity completion

Require time spent not showing in activity completion

by Justin Hunter -
Number of replies: 4

Hello.  I need to set up activities where time spent is required.  Should look like the screenshot in this person's post: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=341108

When I open activity completion it does not look like that and is missing several options.  I am running 3.5.  I thought that this option came in with 2.9?  The docs for 3.5 say it should still be there.  How can I fix this?  Thanks in advance!

Attachment activity.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Hunter

Re: Require time spent not showing in activity completion

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

I checked latest Moodle release and all is as expected since I introduced this option and the "end of lesson reached" option

Lesson completion

If you are running Moodle 3.5 I really don't understand what is happening on your Moodle.

EDIT: Looking at your screenshot it seems to be the quiz activity completion setting not the lesson one. Contrary to lesson , quiz has no "time spent" option.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I agree with Jean-Michel. You are looking at the Quiz activity and not the Lesson

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Troy May -

I too cannot see the time spent option under Activity Completion. I am attempting to add this to a SCORM activity. Is time spent not possible with a SCORM activity? My LMS is version 3.2.

In reply to Troy May

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Correct. It is not possible with a SCORM activity, only with a Lesson activity.