Uploading Big Video Files as an Assignments but not uploading to moodle site ?

Uploading Big Video Files as an Assignments but not uploading to moodle site ?

by Victor Escardo -
Number of replies: 6

Hello! My students need to upload big files (video assignments, 5MB -10MB each).

Is there any way to connect my shared folders in Google Drive or Dropbox to make then upload on these folders when they are submitting their video assignments? Do you know any alternative to do this in an easy way for students?

I don't want to have this big files on the Moodle web site

I'm using Moodle 3.5 on Moodle Cloud servers.

-----

Prof. Victor Escardó

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Victor Escardo

Re: Uploading Big Video Files as an Assignments but not uploading to moodle site ?

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Victor

I am not aware of an out of the box solution. But unless its lots of students, 5 - 10MB is really not so much. The simple workflow of dragging a file onto the upload area is so much less stress than a complicated arrangement that might keep your data usage low, but create support issues. I guess you will hit 200MB pretty soon though 

In reply to Justin Hunt

Re: Uploading Big Video Files as an Assignments but not uploading to moodle site ?

by Victor Escardo -
I have 20-30 students at the same time, in a few weeks I get to the upload limit and I didn't find an easy solution to delete week assignments. I only found to reset the course.

by C Schipper -

See creating file requests in Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/create-file-request

Then create an "offline assignment" in Moodle and copy the link to your assignment's description.

It may be worth reminding them to add their name in the file name and/or to ask them to submit a reflection on their work in the Moodle assignment (online text submission).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to C Schipper

by Victor Escardo -

That's a great solution. Thank you so much.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Victor, I gave a presentation at MoodleMoot Spain (and will be giving this presentation again at MountainMoot this week) about one alternative.  Some of what I say in my presentation video might be of interest to you.

MoodleMoot2018 (Spain and Mountain), "Managing Course Content Using a “Personal Repository”

And here are some of my notes from a previous MoodleMoot presentation.

MoodleMoot2016, "Expanding your MoodleCloud Storage to Fill the "Entire Sky""

The videos in these presentations are on a university video server.  I simply link to them.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Victor Escardo -

Than you so much Rick I will see it today.