How to Embed Personalized Google Docs ?

How to Embed Personalized Google Docs ?

by Dominique BODIN -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

It may seems obvious but despite my online researches I didn't get it : let's say I've created some Google Docs or Sheets, each one specific to each of my  students ; I would like to quiclky and easily (!) made each Doc or Sheet available for each student, in his own wiki for example.

In other words, is there  in Moodle a way to automatically "link" each student to her own Google Doc or Sheet ? (Moodle 3.2.9)

Thanks for any kind of tip on this,

Dominique BODIN

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dominique BODIN

Re: How to Embed Personalized Google Docs ?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is this what you're looking for... Google_Apps_Integration

In reply to Howard Miller

by Dominique BODIN -

Hello,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I did check this page before my post... but I must miss something.

Is there a way to name or link my files in my Google Drive so that each student in Moodle will only see the file (and this one only) wich is for her ? (without having to embed  one by onein Moodle the links provided by Google Docs for each individual files ).

Best regards,

Dominique BODIN

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't use the Google apps integration but I doubt it. 

Moodle doesn't really work that way - different materials for individual students. 

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Dominique.

There is a way to use a link that makes a copy of a Google Doc you have created. It requires some manipulation of the URL. Here is a guide. I'm not sure if this works for other GAFE apps. You could then share the link using the URL resource in Moodle or from within a Page resource that includes other instructions. This method would be good to provide a template of an activity sheet, but it doesn't share the document copy with the creator, so you can't track what the students do in their copy of the Google Doc. If you wanted students to submit this for assessment, you could get them to submit the document URL as an assignment submission. The other downside of this method is that if a student hits the link more than once, they will end up with a new copy each time.

If you want your students to collaborate on a single Google Doc, you can create the Google Doc, sharing it with users in your institution, then use the URL resource, with the Embed setting turned on. If you wanted to limit it to a group, you could use Moodle groups to control access to that resource.

I find limitations in each of these methods. It would be good if there was a more natural support for this in Moodle, but I can't blame anyone for that but myself.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)