Re: Cookie Consent and Privacy Notice Popup

by Fergus Edmunds -
Number of replies: 4

I can't seem to locate the setting in Moodle 3.6

Please help.

In reply to Fergus Edmunds

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You need to start by going to 'Policy settings' in the Site administration and setting the Site policy handler (sitepolicyhandler) to 'Policies (tool_policy)'. Please see the documentation Policies for further information.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Gary Payne -

Hi Helen

I am looking as to how/where I can change the text in the pop-up: "If you continue browsing this website, you agree to our policies" as this statement is not compatible with EU Data Protection Law. Where can I change this text? Is it within the language pack or...?

In reply to Gary Payne

Re: Changing the text "... you agree to our policies"

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gary,

You can change the text using the Language customisation feature. The string is guestconsentmessage in tool_policy.

What are you going to change it to?

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Changing the text "... you agree to our policies"

by Gary Payne -

Thanks Helen. 

I'll post the change of text here once done as the legal issue is with 'by continuing to use you agree...' as consent must be freely given, an affirmative action, etc. 

Cheers.