How to assign Manager to users for signup

Re: How to assign Manager to users for signup

by Dave Henderson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi again,

After some more investigation I found that in earlier versions to make this work you had to fill the 'MSN ID' field, I did this and it worked.

The problem is we want to be able to hide and lock the info into a default so our admins could get the managers emails.

Having the 'managers email' location method working is needed for our propose.

We can't hid the 'MSN ID' field.

In reply to Dave Henderson

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That's very odd...in the 2.5 version (and before), when you installed the plugin, it added a custom user field "Manager's email" and it looked for that.  Now it does something different, which is kind of weird.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I agree with Melanie that this sounds strange. 

What version of Moodle and what version of Face-to-face are you seeing this issue? I haven't noticed this issue and we are using managersemail successfully with multiple versions of Moodle and the latest versions of Face-to-face. 

Jeremy

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

by Dave Henderson -

Moodle          : 3.5

Face to Face : 3.4.4  2018110900

Answer to Melaines post, there isn't a default 'Managers email'.  I had to create one myself

As soon as I enter data into the MSNID, it works fine.

In reply to Dave Henderson

by Margaret Pasterchik -

I am also having issues with the Manager email.  

I created the manager email custom field as suggested in another post on the profile and it still doesn't work.   I request the user to enter the email and it doesn't appear to save that information anywhere that I can find....not even in the MSNID field if populating that field is what makes the plugin work properly.

Any suggestions?

Moodle 3.5
F2F version:  3.4.3  (2018110900)