moving data from Moodle 2.6.0 to Moodle 3.5

Re: moving data from Moodle 2.6.0 to Moodle 3.5

by Jon Harlow -
Number of replies: 0
I went back to start and created a  Moodle Database from the moodle 2.6 database.   I installed moodle 2.6.11.  that went well.   I entered the URL for moodle and pressed enter.  I got an SSL error, which I corrected by editing the config.php file changing the URL for moodle.  Replacing HTTPS with HTTP.  I re-enter the moodle URL, the Installation/Copyright Notice appeared, I clicked continue.  The next page displayed -Installation - Moodle 2.6.11+ (Build: 20150619) with a list of server checks.  I didnt install the xllrpc extension, I clicked continue.  the next page took a few minutes to display,  This page had a red block with DDL sql execution error.  Below it was Debug Info: Table 'mdl_config' already exists. followed by the Create Table SQL Statement, then Stack trace information.

there was a step that listed the a page of the moodle files.   I had to change the URL in config.php to HTTP.

there was also a message that filterlib.php was deprecated.  

Zend Server Version....  Zend Server for IBM i 9.1.4 ( PHP 7.1 )
ZendDBI for IBM i 10.1.19 (MariaDB)    
Apache Version........:  Server version: Apache/2.4.20 (IBM i)
OpenSSL Version.......:  OpenSSL 1.0.2o  27 Mar 2018
XmlService Version....:  XML Toolkit 2.0.0          

We have the prior installation of ZendServer and Moodle.  the prior version of ZendServer will not work on IOS 7.3

Can I do anything with this file?  Could I edit the config.php before the install?  If so, where is it located and the name??