Certificates: Adding more than one page

Certificates: Adding more than one page

by Sarah Cluderay -
Number of replies: 0

Hello

I'm really new to using Moodle (version 3.4.1+). We run a series of courses for which we upload a .png of the certificate using the certificate plugin, and then within the course we add it as a border image and specify in the settings that we would like certain details to be added to it such as the course completion date. The rest of the certificate is made up of branding and text that has to be included and that is added to the original file before upload.

We would like to add another page to the certificates, just as a .png with branding, text and images. Nothing else needs to be added to this page by the system. I incorrectly assumed that because the certificates are generated by the learner as a PDF when they have completed the course, that it would just be a case of creating a two page PDF and adding it to the certificate activity for each course; but as I can now see, in the certificate plugin, only .png and .jpgs are accepted file types.

I've looked online and at these forums but the closest I can see to helping me is the following:

https://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Certificate_customizing#Adding_a_second_page

I can't see a way to add the code outlined on the above page, but equally I don't think that I can manipulate my certificates in this way as I am not creating a custom certificate (unless I've missed something?)

Any help would be appreciated! I used Blackboard for many years so I'm really eager to learn about Moodle.

Average of ratings: -