Missing Discussions

Missing Discussions

by Chrissie Turkington -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All

Got a problem with the forums on my Moodle.  When I log in as a student, although the forum says there are 4 discussions, when I open the forum it says there are none.  This problem only happens to students - tutors and admins are OK and can view the discussions.  It happens in every forum I have on my Moodle installation, not just this one example.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Chrissie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chrissie Turkington

Re: Missing Discussions

by N Hansen -
Do you have groups turned on for those forums? Perhaps the students aren't in the groups. Recheck the settings for groups for the individual forums.
In reply to N Hansen

Re: Missing Discussions

by Chrissie Turkington -
Unfortunately not.  We don't have groups set up for any course or forum.  This problem is happening on all courses.

Chrissie
In reply to Chrissie Turkington

Vast: Missing Discussions

by Riku Eskelinen -
I'm  having the same problem, except I can't see any messages and none of the sudents can see them. I haven't set any groups or anything else special.
In reply to Riku Eskelinen

Re: Vast: Missing Discussions

by J.D. Barnes -

Riku,

We can't see any discussion posts, unless we navigate to them from the "activity logs."  Then they only seem to appear one at a time.  Running Moodle 1.5.3+ with PHP 5.1.2 and lastest version of mySQL.  Did you have any luck solving your problem?

J.D. Barnes