Some questions about adapting Adaptable 1.7

Some questions about adapting Adaptable 1.7

by Laura M -
Number of replies: 3

I've just installed Adaptable 1.7 on Moodle 3.5. It does most of what I'm looking for, but there's a couple things I can't figure out how to do (maybe they're not possible?):

I added the Progress Completion block, but I'd like it to sit in the middle, stretched across the screen when a student is viewing course activities/resources. I made a row to hold a single block, but I can't drag the Progress block into it.

Is it possible to hide the right-side blocks and set the site to display in full screen, and hide the Show Blocks/Standard View options?

Is there a way to send students directly to the first uncompleted activity when they open a course, instead of showing the activities list?

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura M

Re: Some questions about adapting Adaptable 1.7

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I will try to answer your questions:

I added the Progress Completion block, but I'd like it to sit in the middle, stretched across the screen when a student is viewing course activities/resources. I made a row to hold a single block, but I can't drag the Progress block into it.

I understand you are talking about the course page. In that case just add the block in the top region and add the block there. See the demo site: https://adaptable.ws/demo/course/view.php?id=5  (login as student or teacher)

Is it possible to hide the right-side blocks and set the site to display in full screen, and hide the Show Blocks/Standard View options?

No. This is always a user setting. But you can change the default setting. Just search viewselect in the Administration block. A trick could be to hide the button from users once set viewselect to full screen.

Is there a way to send students directly to the first uncompleted activity when they open a course, instead of showing the activities list?

This is a course format question and not related to the theme. Try to find one that meet your requirements.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Laura M -

Thanks Fernando, I appreciate the quick response. I'm still inexperienced with Moodle so I'm not sure which features rely on which settings.

In reply to Laura M

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Laura,

Mary Cooch is the person to ask for help setting up a course in the way you want it to work.

You will find her in the General Help forum HERE

Hope this helps?

Mary