Assignment submission

Assignment submission

by Robert Bullwinkel -
Number of replies: 4

Total newbie here. Thanks for any help. I've added an assignment, but there is no submission information for the student, e.g. an upload button. All the student sees is the assignment name and instructions with no way to upload their work. I tried fiddling with the due date, but that did not help. I also read/watched the documentation but could not solve it. Must be something basic I am missing. Thanks!

Bob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Bullwinkel

Re: Assignment submission

by ben reynolds -

Probably, you are using "Switch role to," which won't give you a true student view.

Make a fake student. Turn on permission for teachers to "log in as." Then click on fake student's profile and log in as. That will give you the true view.

Welcome, Newbie. This is a good standard question for newbs. Now, if you manage to restore a course onto the front page, you will really have earned newb status, says one who has done that on a production site.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Robert Bullwinkel -

Thanks! I had actually just figured that out and was coming back to delete my querysmile Hopefully, this will stay on the board for awhile to help others. It is totally counter-intuitive given the "switch roles" feature, right? Much appreciated, Bob

by ben reynolds -

Totally counter-intuitive. The most I use switch roles these days is to view the front page of a course. You can't do much more with it.

by Rainer Schaufelberger -

Hi

Unfortunately I have an assignment in a course where I don't see the submit button although I am not using the "switch-role" capability.

I think I checked everything: permission, role, group, dates etc.

I can import the assignment into an other course with the same result. That is really strange.

I changed multiple parameters in the assignment with always the same result -> No submission button.

I used different users with different enrolments -> No effect

Unfortunately it would take too much time to check the code, because I am not a good programmer.

Well, I hope that I will not run into that problem again with an other assignment.

Rainer