Download all submissions in all assignments in the site

Re: Download all submissions in all assignments in the site

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Do you have enough space to setup an automated backup run saving course backups as full (including users, assignments, etc.) to a designated area .... NOT the sea of files in moodledata/filedir/   Designated area could be a mount point to some large archival server you have internally.

When a student/or whomever request info concerning a course/grades/assignments info etc. restore the course to a locally installed Windows version that's the same as current on the linux box.

Just in case of the unfortunate event you cannot kill this practice, think it would be an exercise for the Windows IT staff supporting you to see what could be done on that platform.

The reason I mentioned GDPR, one could use that, I think, to generate what you might need for an individual student.  Right now that exports into json files, but, according to Moodle HQ and brief discussion on outputs that any student could use, working on that in future updates to 3.5.

Best of luck!

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Download all submissions in all assignments in the site

by Heather P -

Hi

thank you. Hadn't thought about the GDPR tool for extracting. Might be useful in the future.

I do have space and I have used Moosh to run backups of all the courses, so I have that.

Regards

Heather