Preventing students from seeing certain roles on Participants page

Preventing students from seeing certain roles on Participants page

by Dave Laurie -
Number of replies: 0

Hi there,

I'm trying to prevent students from seeing certain custom roles available in our site (3.4.3) when they view the participants list in a course. I've dug around a bit and currently this doesn't seem to be possible. I know I can specify which roles are visible in profiles (at Site admin > Security > Site security settings > Profile visible roles) but this doesn't prevent students from seeing users assigned to courses in these roles; just the role they are assigned in.

I also note a completed tracker item that limits students from seeing these roles on the course participants page (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-59801) but to me it seems like that story missed the mark as I'm not sure what the use case would be for seeing a participant but then seeing 'No roles' listed for them in the role column.

Can anyone point me at a tracker item where the goal is "In the participants page, students should only see the users assigned in the roles listed in courseprofileroles"? If not I'll add that...

Thanks,

Dave 

Average of ratings: -