Error message "Invalid response value detected" when accessing quizzes from iOS mobile app

Re: Error message "Invalid response value detected" when accessing quizzes from iOS mobile app

by carl haynes -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Juan,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I can't say whether this is a new error or not as this is the first time that I've built a course using labels as shortcuts to activities.  I'm afraid I can't send a backup of the course as it is emblazoned with the clients details so I am not permitted to share.

The strange thing is that I am able to view external sites, documents, videos from a label with a hyperlink.  It is only when it comes to accessing a quiz via a hyperlink when it fails - but only with the iOS app.  The Android app works like a charm.  So the question is what is the iOS app doing differently?

BTW I have just installed the new iOS app 3.5.0 (version code 3501)

Thanks, Carl

In reply to carl haynes

Re: Error message "Invalid response value detected" when accessing quizzes from iOS mobile app

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Carl,

sorry for the delay in answering, it's been some crazy months lately.

Is the issue still happening with the latest version v3.5.1? If so, can you share with an example of the link you're using? You can omit your domain if you want.

E.g. /mod/quiz/view.php?id=1

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by carl haynes -

Hi Dani,

Yes the issue is still happening with moodle app is 3.5.1 and an example of the link 

is MY_SITE/mod/quiz/view.php?id=359

This works on the android app.

Hope this helps. And thanks

Carl

(Editado por Dani Palou - envío original martes, 31 de julio de 2018, 16:21)

In reply to carl haynes

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Carl,

I was just trying this with one of our quizzes and it's working fine for me, maybe it only happens with certain settings. The Android and iOS apps should have the same behaviour, so it's quite weird this is happening.

Are you using a teacher or a student user when the error happens?

Have you tried if the error also happens with other users?

Since you cannot send us a backup I'll ask you to perform some tests to see if we can narrow down the problem.

1. Try to put the quiz in another section and check if the error still happens.
  2. Duplicate the quiz (the new one won't have user data) and check if the error still happens.
  3. If the duplicated quiz still has the error, please remove all the questions and check if the error still happens.
  4. If the duplicated quiz with no questions still has the error, could you send us a backup so we can take a look at its settings? The quiz shouldn't have any user data now.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by carl haynes -

HI Dani,

Well blow me down!! I have just reset my app and logged in as a test student and it works fine.  It only seems to report back the error when logged in as admin.  Do you know why this is? (i'm assuming you have a hunch as it is first thing on your checklist to test).

Thanks for all your help - I can sleep well tonight now.  I'd sleep even better if you were able to edit my post with the domain name in (schoolboy error - doh!)

Carl

In reply to carl haynes

by Dani Palou -

Hi Carl,

glad to know it's working for students. I don't know why is it failing for the admin, I just tested this with an admin and it's also working fine for me. I asked about this because some errors only happen on students or teachers, so knowing that would make it easier to find the cause of the error.

I also edited your post.

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to carl haynes

by IPhone Support -

I got the Error message "Invalid response value detected" when accessing quizzes from an iOS mobile app. During using the iTunes on iPhone it occurs a common error iTunes error 5105 if you also having a problem like this type of error then no need to worry about it just visit the website and consult with the iPhone Support team.

In reply to IPhone Support

by John Millar -

I was getting error notification while accessing iTunes. When I was listening iTunes I was getting iTunes sync error 54 again and again. I was feeling very irritated because of that. I tried to uninstall and then again install the application. But the issue was appearing again and again. Can anyone please help me to fix it?