Fordson blocks Internal course

Fordson blocks Internal course

by Franky Vallori -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have moodle 3.5 Fordson v3.5 release 2.

I would like to be able to insert the blocks to the right of the course content and not in the upper part (course block panel).

Can "course block panel" be opened by default? 

Thanks,

Francesco

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Franky Vallori

Re: Fordson blocks Internal course

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

change the block setting on the main page of the Fordson admin page.  CHoose Boost default location which will move the blocks to the right sidebar.

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Franky Vallori -

Hi,

I have the version of moodle 3.1 with the Adaptable theme.

I will update to version 3.5 replacing with the Fordson theme.

Many courses have custom blocks in their course, visible to the right of the course home.

I would like that after updating the version of Moodle, the blocks remain on the right and not on the "Course Block" part

Thanks,
Francesco

Attachment course_block.jpg
In reply to Franky Vallori

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In Fordson, go to SITE ADMIN > Appearance > Themes > Fordson.   Change "Block Display Location Options" under page layout to "Single Column Boost default".  This will keep a sidebar on the right side of the page.

by Franky Vallori -

Hi,

sorry, my previous answer was wrong.

I would like that when you create a new course, the default blocks, which I have customized as follows:

SITE ADMIN > Appearance > Themes > Fordson > "Block Display Location Options" > "Three Column Fordson Default"

$ CFG-> defaultblocks_override = 'news_items, calendar_upcoming, recent_activity';

In conclusion... I would like the central part of the Course to be without side blocks to the right (view attach).

Thanks,
Francesco

Attachment course_block.jpg

by Franky Vallori -

Hi,

sorry, my previous answer was wrong.

I would like that when you create a new course, the default blocks, which I have customized as follows:

$ CFG-> defaultblocks_override = 'news_items, calendar_upcoming, recent_activity';

they were placed in "Course Block" and not on the right side.

In conclusion I would like the central part of the Course to be without side blocks to the right

Thanks,
Francesco