Duplicating quiz/exam

Duplicating quiz/exam

by Subir Nigam -
Number of replies: 4

When you duplicate a quiz, does the new version appear below the original or above the original? I'm wondering what is a good way to check which is the new duplicated version. Can someone please give me some advise? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Subir Nigam

Re: Duplicating quiz/exam

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I think that if you duplicate a quiz that has no attempts, it really doesn't matter which one is which, does it?

If you duplicate a quiz that already has attempts, the one with the attempts is the original.

In reply to Subir Nigam

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Great question!

It’s supposed to appear below (but some teachers claim it has appeared on top once in a while). So, a quick way to check for the original:

1. Before duplicating, hover your mouse over the activity you want to duplicate - look at the URL and notice the activity is number (displays at the bottom of my browser window in Firefox/chrome). 

2. After duplicating, hover your mouse over the two activities (the original and the duplicate) - they will have 2 different ID numbers at the end of their URLs so the one that does not match the ID in step 1 is your duplicate. 

IF you skipped step 1 and now have 2 identical activities and can’t find the original one, open both activities and click on Reports - Logs in the admin block. This will open the logs for that specific activity. The duplicated activity will have less logs (or no logs) than the original activity. 

Glad to see that tracker- I’ve placed my vote. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

by Subir Nigam -

Thank you so much. Your two step process is smart and I will use that in the future. I followed your 3rd option and went into the Logs to see the difference between the two quizzes. Thanks again

Subir Nigam

Director of Education Services

National Association of Credit Management (NACM)

Columbia, MD 410-740-5560 x1040

From: John Provasnik (via Moodle.org) [mailto:noreply@moodle.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2018 7:48 AM
To: Subir Nigam
Subject: Moodle in English: Re: Duplicating quiz/exam

John Provasnik at Moodle Moot US

by John Provasnik - Thursday, July 5, 2018, 7:17 PM

Great question!

It’s supposed to appear below (but some teachers claim it has appeared on top once in a while). So, a quick way to check for the original:

1. Before duplicating, hover your mouse over the activity you want to duplicate - look at the URL and notice the activity is number (displays at the bottom of my browser window in Firefox/chrome). 

2. After duplicating, hover your mouse over the two activities (the original and the duplicate) - they will have 2 different ID numbers at the end of their URLs so the one that does not match the ID in step 1 is your duplicate. 

IF you skipped step 1 and now have 2 identical activities and can’t find the original one, open both activities and click on Reports - Logs in the admin block. This will open the logs for that specific activity. The duplicated activity will have less logs (or no logs) than the original activity. 

Glad to see that tracker- I’ve placed my vote. 

You can reply to this via email.