Gradebook

Badges criteria linked to course and activities grades ranges

Picture of stefania quattrocchi
Badges criteria linked to course and activities grades ranges

Hi All,

since I'm quite new in using Moodle assessment system (that is really reach but at the same time not easy to understand for me) , after a while spent to read documentation I decided to write here what I would like to do, hoping yo can give me some advice.

Inside my course there are quite a lot of quizzes and for each of them we defined a pass grade.

For those who complete the course we would like to distinguish them into three categories (and related badges):

1. course grade between 80 and 90

2. course grade between 90 and 97

3. course grade between 97 and 100

I identified these problems:

- how to link the quizzes results to the course grade (that means how to express for example "all the people that get at least 70 grades in every quiz"?). I don't want to use the activity completion option "passing grades" because I want to mantain separated course completion and course grades. 

- how to link badges to grades ranges (see points 1.-3. above)? 

thank you for your help, I really need it smile

Stefania

John Provasnik at Moodle Moot US
Re: Badges criteria linked to course and activities grades ranges
Particularly helpful Moodlers

For badges - you could  add 3 page modules. Restrict each page module to become visible to students depending on the grade they get (page module 1 : student must have earned 80% to 90% in Course Total (gradevook category); page module 2, etc...) 

Then set the badge to be earned depending on which page module is viewed. 

To prevent these pages from always being visible you may need a date restriction on them too...