General plugins

Course back-up process failing/timing out

Picture of Moodle User
Re: Course back-up process failing/timing out

Hi,

I got "A server error that affects your login session was detected" message when I print post variable in backup page. I think the session has timed out automatically for this course.What you think??

I couldn't face this issue when I am trying to backup other courses. This course also shows same missing asset messages while creating a backup. So i think  the missing images are not affecting the backup process.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Ken Task
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Other courses are smaller then, right?

Check php settings for things like time for a script to run and memory a script can use.  Found on the Server -> PHP Info page in Moodle.   If time for a script to run is like 30 seconds, increase.   Any changes you make to php.ini do require the restart of apache.

Again:

you have access to the course still.   Go into files, backups to see if there are multiple backups there.

Remove multiple backup files.  You are attempting to reduce the size of the backup you are creating.

Check your apache error logs to get a clue.

Turn  on debugging in Moodle to see what it might report if anything.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Picture of Moodle User

The size of the course not effected here, because we already got backup of one course it has a higher size than this one. 

Also, I have tried to create backups by unchecking all options from the backup page (Like userdata, questionsother data) but again repeat the same. 

I have a doubt that Moodle course needs any capability or any other extra settings for create backup?? 

I compared the course settings with other courses. But can't find any changes.

What do you think ?? Thank you very much for your valuable reply

Picture of Ken Task

We could be guessing foreever.  Turn on debugging.   Try the backup.  Let's see if moodle reports anything.  Also check web server error logs.

If you don't do those things, I cannot attempt to help any more than I have.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Picture of Moodle User

Hi Ken,

We have turn moodle debugging messages on and found warning message    " Failed to write session data (memcache). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0 " .  The other courses which we can create backup successfully does not show this warning  .

How can I solve this  ???

Picture of Ken Task

Interesting .... don't think anyone has ever reported similar.
Googling for that error shows it happens to other apps ... not just Moodle.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Failed+to+write+session+data+%28memcache%29.+Please+verify+that+the+current+setting+of+session.save_path+is+correct+%28%29+in+Unknown+on+line+0

Possible solution ... even though the links might be about other apps:

https://ma.ttias.be/phps-memcached-sessions-failed-to-write-session-data-memcached-for-magento/

'spirit of sharing', Ken