Add new page in Adaptable theme

Add new page in Adaptable theme

by Gabriele Cristini -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,
i new in this  forum and i so sorry if this is not the correct location for this post.
I started tu use Adaptable theme for my Moodle but i have a question:
How i can create a new page ad insert it in in my Site?
I'll want create a pubblic page for my course and view it by a button insert in my course preview

I use moodle3.5 (build: 20180517) and theme adaptable Version 1.7 (2018051700)

Thanks
Gabriele
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gabriele Cristini

Re: Add new page in Adaptable theme

by Jez H -

Hi,

To create a public page in Moodle you need to add it to the front page of the site.

There is a block you can enable to help with this called "main menu" which allows you to add activities and resources into the block much as you would into a course page.

In Adaptable you can then move this block down into the pink area at the bottom of the front page which will hide this block from users, you can then add a page there.

Also note that for it to be public you cannot have Moodle set up to force useres to log in, though unless you want none logged in users to see the page this is not necessarily an issue.

Another issues is that although Adaptable can hide the list of links in the admin area at the bottom of the front page this will not work on mobile, so any public pages you add to teh front page will appear on the Moodle Mobile app.

All that said, it does work and we use this method for certain pages, such as "Trouble logging in" which has info on how passwords can be reset, helpdesk numbers etc.