Moodle for mobile

New 3.5.0 APP does not display properly or load courses

Picture of Dani Palou
Re: New 3.5.0 APP does not display properly or load courses
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Thanks Graham,

ok, I see you added the images in the course description. The clean theme (the one you're using in web) displays them, but Boost theme doesn't.

In the app we took the same approach as in Boost theme, so we aren't displaying them (this was a design decision). I'll raise this issue to the rest of the Mobile team and the UX team to verify if we want to leave it like this.

As a workaround, you can display those images where the color squares are displayed right now. To do so, you need to add the images to the "Course summary files", like this:

Course summary files screenshot

Regarding accessing the course, you should be able to open the course by clicking the course name (in your screenshot, "Mater Dei Institute 2018 ...") or by clicking the course image / the color square.

Kind regards,

Dani

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Graham Treadwell

Hi Dani

I have deleted the image from the top box, the Course Summary box, and reinserted it in the Course Summary Files box below.

The result now is that the image displays too small on the website because I can no longer control the dimensions of the displayed image when it is loaded via the Course Summary Files box.

I can now see the image on the new 3.5.0. APP but the course files still do not load properly. As before, only the last topic on the course page loads. The course continues to load with the wheel turning on screen but never completes the operation.

Using the Moodle Classic APP, the image is no longer visible but all topics load normally, the same as the website.

Regards

Graham

Picture of Dani Palou

Thanks Graham,

the course you sent us loaded fine for me, so maybe there's some configuration in your site that causes the issue. Like I said, we used to debug this errors ourselves but we can no longer do that, so I'm gonna need you to debug it for me.

I saw that you weren't able to connect using Google Chrome and the webapp. Can you please try it again with Chromium instead of Chrome? You can download it from here:

https://download-chromium.appspot.com/

Thank you,

Dani

Hi again

I've loaded the special version of the Chromium browser and attemptred to laod the website at materdei.gnomio.com/

It will not allow me to do it!

Picture of Dani Palou

Hi Graham,

did you open Chromium with these flags?

--allow-file-access-from-files --disable-web-security --user-data-dir --allow-running-insecure-content

In a previous post you said that you ran this command:

C:\Users\Graham\Documents\chrome-win32\chrome-win32\chrome.exe -args-allow-file-access-from-files-disable-web-security-user-data-dir-allow-running-insecure-content

You should do the same but with the Chromium executable instead of Chrome. Alternatively, you can do this:

1. Close Chromium.
  2. Right click the Chromium shortcut, and select Properties.
  3. At the very end of the Target: text box, add a space and then the desired command line flags. It should end in something like: ...\chromium.exe" --args --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-web-security --user-data-dir --allow-running-insecure-content
  4. Double click the shortcut to launch Chromium with the new command line flags.
Hopefully it will work now.

Cheers,

Dani

Hi Dani

I downloaded and extracted the software but in the shortcut to it, it is chrome.exe not chromium.exe

C:\Users\Graham\Downloads\chrome-win32(1)\chrome-win32\chrome.exe

When I try replacing the string in the target box with your suggested string it says target invalid. I think because the downloaded browser is chrome.exe not chromium.exe

Regards

Graham

Picture of Juan Leyva
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

How Graham,

yes, it seems they renamed it recently, just replace chromium.exe with chrome.exe and try if you can connect.

Hi Juan

When I try to connect to the website it says Oops! Something went wrong...

Regards 

Graham