Email alerts when a student completes an assignment?

Email alerts when a student completes an assignment?

by James Force -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I was wondering where one turns on grader/admin email alerts for when a student completes a particular assignments.  Currently, when students complete certain quizzes/assignments, we receive an email like this:

"Dear Admin,

Joe Smith has completed 'assignment (hyperlink) in course 'xyz'.

You can review this attempt at:______________________"

These email alerts are helpful and keep us from having to constantly check certain assignments to see if anything has been submitted.  However, we recently added a new activity to the course and we don't receive these email alerts for it.  Our previous site admin set up the alert system a year ago, so I'm not sure how to do it myself  I couldn't find any settings in the "Quiz administration" menu that allow me to turn these alerts on, even when logged in with a superuser account.  Any idea of how I can turn on an alert for this new assignment?

Version of Moodle we're using is 3.0.10.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Force

Re: Email alerts when a student completes an assignment?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It's in the "notifications" section of the Assignment's settings. 

Note that if you are using groups, the teacher has to be *in* the group to get notifications. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by James Force -

Thanks for the quick reply, but what if there doesn't appear to be a "Notifications" section when I go into "Quiz administration" -> "Edit settings", since it sounds like that's the place you're referring to?

In reply to James Force

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You said "assignment", not "quiz"...

In which case, moving to Quiz forum...