Manipulate user variable

Manipulate user variable

by Andras Egler -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I would like to create a small comptetition in Moodle between users. Each user will get a $1000 bankroll after the registration (extra profile field in Moodle). A Moodle course will contain 12 SCORM modules, and all SCORM have to be able to read this bankroll variable. In SCORM contents users will be able to increase (or decrease) their bankroll with some interactive tasks and at the end of each SCORM modul, I would like to send back the new bankroll to Moodle and store it. SCORMs will be created by Articulate Storyline 3.

So is it possible to send a user special variable to a SCORM content and then store the new value in DB? Is there a Moodle module that can help?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andras Egler

Re: Manipulate user variable

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can't read custom variables from moodle inside your scorm package without doing some custom development. Doing with SCORM would also be unwise because it uses basic javascript to read and set variables. If you made it possible for your scorm packages to write to this custom variable it would be easy for anyone to trigger their own javascript call and set the value to.... 1 million dollars....

I'd suggest you take a look through the Moodle plugins db for new activities that might help... and avoid using scorm completely.