MoodleCloud students can't navigate to course

MoodleCloud students can't navigate to course

by James Noxon -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have made a little course available on  pjatbart.MoodleCloud.com

When many students get their account, they are stumped finding the course. I try to get them to go to the Home in the Dashboard, but so many seem to have trouble finding the class. Today one student sent me this image:

MoodleVolkan.png

but I was expecting him to find this:

MoodleHome.png

Apparently this is just different enough to stump the engineer. Does he need to click on "Site Home" to find the course so he can sign up for it? He also downloaded the mobile app but says the network is blocking it. Seems odd.

thanks - prof james

Attachment MoodleHome.png
Attachment MoodleVolkan.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Noxon

Re: MoodleCloud students can't navigate to course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I'll just move your question to the General help forum as it's not Moodle Cloud specific and I'm sure you'll get a response soon.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Noxon -

You hid my question so I don't know where it is.

So I never found out why MoodleCloud course is so hard to find.

- prof James

In reply to James Noxon

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you enrolled them into the course? If not,  then yes they will need to click Site home and see it in Available courses. But just double checking: did you want them in the Introduction to Moodle course? If so then that is hidden and only visible to admins (you) So click into it and from the gear menu top right cluck Edit settings and make it visible.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Noxon -

As I didn't have their user names, I made it so the students could self-enroll with the key.

I didn't care about the Introduction to Moodle.

So when I log in, it shows "Home" but when they log in it says "Site home" and this was just different enough for most of the students to be stumped. It would sure be great, given my experience as described, if once any student has created their user account that they would be taken directly to "Site home" instead of the other place where they mostly can't find courses.

In reply to James Noxon

by Mary Cooch -

Try logging in as admin, going to Site administration>Appearance>Navigation and changing the default home page for users to Site. Then when they log in they will be on the site home/home page whatever it gets called