Big Blue Button hosting

Big Blue Button hosting

by Javier Tejera -
Number of replies: 5

We are a not-for-profit and we would like to run webinars using Big Blue Button. We want to start to test the idea using the free hosting version provided by Blindside Networks and see how it goes before purchasing a hosting plan.

Does anybody of you know how many participants support this version?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Javier Tejera

Re: Big Blue Button hosting

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I couldn't find any reference to "free" hosting on BBB's site. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Javier Tejera -

It's not actually free hosting, it's really a test hosting. When you install the BBB plugin and then you run it you can find this message: 

This BigBlueButton server is freely provided by Blindside Networks under the following Terms and Conditions.  Because this server is used for testing, your sessions and recordings may be accessible by others and will be periodically deleted. We offer hosting for BigBlueButton with permanent recordings (and other features).

In reply to Javier Tejera

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You know that's open to *everybody*. AFAIK, you'll find yourselves in sessions with random people. Which rather negates your original question. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Brian Schmidt -

While their test.* server generally dumps everyone in the same room, I don't believe that's the case with their demo.* server.  I ran the BBB plug-in, which uses the demo server, for several weeks and did not experience any issues with other users.  At least with the Moodle integration, I think you're safe.

Having said that, we have moved to paid hosting from Blindside Networks now and have so far been very happy; their service is excellent.  We are also a non-profit.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)