Quiz Question Quandary... Random Selection

Quiz Question Quandary... Random Selection

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 5

I have quiz 1 questions randomly selected from chapter 1 in the question bank.
With quiz 2, I would like to include random questions from bank 2 and bank1

Quiz 3 questions randomly  from 3, 2, and 1 from the banks.

Possible?

I could create a new set of banks loaded accordingly but wonder if it can be done without that.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Quiz Question Quandary... Random Selection

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are using Moodle 3.5 or later, you can use the new feature to add random questions based on tags: https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Building_Quiz#Adding_a_random_question.

If not, you will have to re-organise the question bank.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

If things go correctly then we will be at 3.5 in about a month.
I will wait until then

Thanks.

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Steve,

No need to create a new set of banks. You just need to have all three question banks accessible from the course where you are placing your three quizzes. For quiz 1, edit the quiz and select, Add > random question. Then select the Category and number of question to add, then click, Add random question.

Repeat the above for quiz two to get random questions from the same category. Once you have the questions added from the first category, click on Add again, but switch the category to your second one, and tell it how many questions you want.

For quiz three, repeat all the above and then click, Add, a third time, and select your third question category and the number of questions.