Where can I get the paypal module from?

Where can I get the paypal module from?

by Jorge Garifuna -
Number of replies: 9
hi,

I'm new to moodle. I'm very interested on the paypal integration module and I would like to know where I can download it from.  I read a few posts making reference to the use of it, but I could not find a link to download it.

Kind regards,

Jorge
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jorge Garifuna

Re: Where can I get the paypal module from?

by Michael Shaffer -
The PayPal module is already built in.  Just go to Administration->Configuration->Enrolments.  From here, choose "PayPal" as the enrollment method. You can put your PayPal ID (e-mail address) here. Now, whenever a course has a non-zero cost, the user will be prompted to pay by paypal automatically. When they have successfully paid, they will be enrolled in the course. The neat thing is that they do not have to already have a PayPal ID....they can simply pay by credit card as a "one time" transaction, without all of the overhead of having a PayPal account (eg, giving them your account numbers, getting verified, etc.) This opens up your courses to anyone with a credit card.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael Shaffer

by Dianne Fratscher -
I'm very new to Moodle as well, and was just nosing around when I started reading references to PayPal integration.

I've just gone to my Administration > Configuration .. and I don't have an Enrolments option in there..

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!
In reply to Dianne Fratscher

by Jonathan Moore -
What version of moodle do you have loaded? Might also include your OS, php, apache, and mysql versions as well.

I believe this has been builtin for a while. It is standard in at least the 1.5 line as an enrollment plugin included in the default tar file.
In reply to Dianne Fratscher

by Fred Williams -
To go Administration> Users and I think you then find enrolments.
Yea I have been going crazy looking for it as well.
Good luck.

by Dan Hall -

I think what Michael Shaffer said: "The neat thing is that they do not have to already have a PayPal ID....they can simply pay by credit card as a "one time" transaction, without all of the overhead of having a PayPal account (eg, giving them your account numbers, getting verified, etc.) This opens up your courses to anyone with a credit card" is incorrect.

I attempted a dummy transaction, and not only did PayPal get me to open a new account, but I also had to go through the verification process (see below).  There was no automatic enrollment.  So, I don't understand how anyone is automatically enrolling students using PayPal.

For verification, PayPal now makes you authorize a $1.95 charge that they'll inevitably place back in your account, but it takes upwards of 4 days for this charge to go through so you can verify the funds.  They used to make two small deposits, but now they're charging.  Bummer.  Anyway, this isn't good at all for automatic student enrollment.

by Amy Stier -
I have set the payment method to paypal and put in my email address and set my course to a non-zero amount yet when a user clicks on the course it does not prompt anyone to enroll. ?