Recurring Courses Resources

Recurring Courses Resources

by Marcel Bonar Kristanda -
Number of replies: 4

I'm managing Moodle 3.4 in my university,

Each assigned traditional class (not courses) has a Moodle Course regarding they may have a different teacher for different classes. The problem is each semester we have to provide a master class that maybe could change after semester ends. So, if there is a 33 parallel class in one course, we have to do 33 times import feature and make sure configurations are set (also for groups settings) multiplied by number of courses that has master class,

I wonder anyone has the same problem, and an alternatively effcient way to do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcel Bonar Kristanda

Re: Recurring Courses Resources

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Sorry, Marcel, I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, (the way you are using language is different than I would interpret it) 

'traditional class (not courses) has a Moodle Course regarding they may have a different teacher for different classes.' 

Do you mean each lecture group, traditional class with all students, is divided into tutorial groups, 33 tutorial groups, each with a different Tutor? Then at the end of each semester, the entire lecture group is expected to complete a single Master Class assignment? Assessment? In this case, I suspect that the use of Meta courses might be more appropriate. 

The structure you would end up with would be something like 33 child courses connecting to 33 Tutorial Meta courses and ONE Master Class Meta course.  The Meta courses can be edited and changed to suit your need and only the enrollments in the Child courses will change. Of course, if 1 Tutor has more than 1 tutorial group, then you can reduce the number of Tutorial meta courses you need accordingly. 

This is not the only solution, but as I interpret your situation it should work.   

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Marcel Bonar Kristanda -

Thank you for your response Colin, Sorry for my bad grammars. I try to explain it.

So, it goes basically like this:

Let say in face-to-face education system there is a course called "Computer Graphics and Animation". Head of Department organized 4 classes base on students number, so there will be 4 classes :

Computer Graphics and Animation - A (Lectured by Lecturer X)

Computer Graphics and Animation - B (Lectured by Lecturer Y)

Computer Graphics and Animation - C (Lectured by me)

Computer Graphics and Animation - D (Lectured by me)

In the moodle, each traditional class become a course, it looks like this:

This course I created using the bulk import (I pull the data from internal academic information system). The problem is there is a standard resources that students need to access but the 'extra' thing can be given by each lecturer depending of their interaction in face-to-face class.

I read the documentation, I think it should work in my case, thank you for your input. It is a great help

In reply to Marcel Bonar Kristanda

by Kahraman Bulut -
Picture of Testers

As far as I understood your case, there is another alternative way.

You will have a single course. The Classes (students) and Lecturers will be organised in groups and groupings.

You will manage with groups and groupings and group/user overrides for assignments and quizzes