Moodle for mobile

3 Critical issues with SCORM courses on mobile.

Picture of Konstantin Plutenko
3 Critical issues with SCORM courses on mobile.

Hello,

I am having problems with my SCORM courses while running on mobile.

Two issues are related to dedicated Moodle app and one for the browser.

1) I have text box objects where a student is supposed to type text.

On iOS, this text box is active and touch keyboard is shown, but typing doesn't add text.

I have to click outside the text box for the keyboard to be hidden and then click on the text box to activate keyboard again. Only after doing that I can type.

On Android keyboard is active and I can type from the beginning, but sometimes if I accidentally tap outside of text box, the keyboard will be hidden and SCORM becomes unresponsive. I have to press back button, but it resets the course. This doesn't happen all the time

2) SCORM progress is not saved on Android.

I am using local storage to save progress. For example:

localStorage.Level1Progress = parseInt(Level1Progress, 10);

But this doesn't persist after I press "Back" inside the app and re-enter SCORM package.

3) Inside browser when I pan around, view tends to jump back to default position every time I am trying to pan away. It is a bit hard to explain, but when I pan, the view doesn't stay where I left off.

I think these are critical issues and wonder if Moodle mobile team is aware of them.

I have created SCORM in Adobe Captivate and I have been testing this exact SCORM package in another LMS mobile app and everything was working fine.

if you decide to check the issues I am having on your device, please use this address inside your Moodle app:

http://allaxes.info/classroom/

The course is free for self-enrollment.

I can also record a video next time if my explanation is confusing.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dani Palou
Re: 3 Critical issues with SCORM courses on mobile.
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi,

sorry for the delay in answering, it's been some crazy months lately.

A month ago we updated the mobile app so it uses the newest version of Ionic framework. Can you check if your SCORM still has those issues?

Cheers,

Dani

Average of ratings: -