Collapsed Topics: Restrictions displaying in the topic title

Collapsed Topics: Restrictions displaying in the topic title

by Alex Vasiliauskas -
Number of replies: 2

Hey there!

We've just updated one of our sandbox sites to Moodle 3.4 from 3.1 and in the process we updated our collapsed topics format from 3.1.1.3 to 3.4.0.2.

We use a lot of restrictions in one of our courses to control access to each segment and now after the update the restrictions are popping up in the topic title instead of being hidden under the topic heading. This causes each topic title to get pretty massive. Is there a way to hide the restrictions in the topic like it used to be so you couldn't see them until you expanded the topic?

You can see what I mean in the attached pics. They are the same course (different restriction criteria though), with the before pic on the live site running Moodle 3.1 and Topics 3.1.1.3 and the after on our sandbox running 3.4 and 3.4.0.2.  If i add more restrictions to the after pic that heading gets massive really fast, and that's before the topic is expanded.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Attachment after.PNG
Attachment before.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Vasiliauskas

Re: Collapsed Topics: Restrictions displaying in the topic title

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Interesting, I don't know at the moment, not seen this before.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Collapsed Topics: Restrictions displaying in the topic title

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, I can see arguments on both sides for having the information in either the toggle (so that it is immediately known about and not hidden) and for in the actual content.  So I'm inclined to leave it as is.

If you want to change locally then edit renderer.php and move '$o .= $this->section_availability($section);' to a suitable place within the 'section_header' method.