Help with error

Help with error

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -
Number of replies: 20

I need urgent help, because i have a course in moodle 3.4. I have all the marks and qualications done, with its formulas ( every practica has a weighted ponderation).

So today ive met this weird problem: Some practice Id are disappearing and so the formula i use gets wrong...

For example i had Pr3 as Id for my practice, i used a formula like =pr1*0.33+Pr2*0.33+pr3*0.34 ... It was working perfectly till yesterday... i found the id dissapear, and i cant use it again...So a message is saying that some activities are going to be deleted !!!

Help please...and sorry for my bad english but no one has answered me...

As you can see below, the first practice had name Pr1 ( ID).. but now dissapeared and i get an Error, and if i want to rename it again to Pr1 i cant. The last practice which name is almost hidden by buttons (U which ends with DTD) was Pr4.. and again i got an error

This names or ids were working ok till yesterday, and were part of different forumlas working also well...Any help would be apreciated....

Thanks in advance

captura

Attachment 2018-06-15.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Gutiérrez

Re: Help with error

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

What changed, Eduardo? These things don't 'just happen' so something made it change? Look in the event logs. Go to Site Admin > Reports > Events or Logs and generate a report telling you what has happened in the last 24-48 hours.  Likely your answer will lay there. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

Dont know what happened, because im a teacher and not site administrator. The admin says that moodle is working ok and nobody has reported any error to him.... So what could be the reason that some tasks are going to be deleted without deleting them ? Why are the ids of tasks showing error if i didnt change it ( and admin doesnt create/delete/modify tasks ?

Any help would be apreciated. Im afraid of loosing all the course marks, tasks and formulas...

Thanks.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I have no idea, but I'm going to move this to the Quiz forum...

In reply to Howard Miller

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am not sure this isn't actually a gradebook issue.

However, are you saying that the id number of the grade item is changing?  As a teacher, you should have access to course logs - have you checked there?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

I have met also the problem of Deletion task in progress... and im a teacher and i havent do it.

As reported in other forums/threads regarding this error, i have tried to run two or three times cron which many users seem to be the solution, but mine was not.

Im stuck with that message, and its not possible to assign id to tasks nor calculate formulas in the gradebook. Im afraid that important tasks could disspaear.

Any help would be apreciated, and here in Spain we are in final exams and im quite worried.

Attachment 2018-06-17 (3).png
In reply to Howard Miller

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

It has nothing to do with quiz as i dont use quizs. It has to be related with gradebook and formulas, and something that is pretending to delete my tasks...

Another example:

As you can see i had a formula for calculating mark of NF1: Llenguatges de marques ,,, This were a mark of december, and worked perfectly, with Practica EAF1 as Pr1. Now the id has dissapeared and instead of

average(Pr1,Pr2)  i got that strange letters....##gi7211##

I want to set another time the id Pr1 to Practica EAF1..but it gives me error and i cant....

Also in top of the page im receiving the above post message: task are being deleted....

The same thing is happening with other tasks and formulas in the course...

The log of the course is normal as i can see and it doesnt show any error, any help please would be apreciated

dfdas

If i want to rewrite the id as Pr1 ( which was its id) of Practica EAF1 - RA1 i got an error:

dfdsf

Attachment Captura de pantalla de 2018-06-16 20-46-37.png

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Eduardo,

Whether the problem arises with quizzes or assignments does not matter, the problem is with the 'ID number' of your activities. My suggestion is:

• Delete the defective gradebook formulas and save
  • Redefine the ID numbers in the assignment settings
  • Redefine the formulas in the gradebook

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

Two more things.

I have deleted as you said every formula....but i cant change the id. As you can see in the post above if i change in the editor of the formula diretly it gives a message of error.

If as you said i go to settings of the task, i found this ( the id field is grey and i cant change or write anything, it also appears a forbidden signal, so i cant change anything:

cantsaveid

Also i found this message at the bottom of the page: Deletion in progress of an importnt task...and i havent deleted it ....and its some days that this message is appearing...

deletionprogress

In concrete the Nota Final M4 1a Convocatoria i dont know even what is, perhaps is an activity inherited from a teacher of the same course another year....
Burt Projecte Ambits Aplicacio XML is mine and its shows as is being deleted....The message is some days there as i told before...

Thanks

by Dominique Bauer -

Eduardo,

Something similar happened to me once. The grades were taking a very long time to display and finally display errors. I do not remember exactly what caused the problem, but I think it's because I deleted a quiz that had an id in a gradebook formula or I changed an id in a formula or something like that.

I solved the problem by 'cleaning' the gradebook. That is, redefine the faulty gradebook formulas, making sure that the quiz id's and gradebook formulas are defined in the right sequence. More precisely, I think I had to delete these faulty gradebook formulas, redefine the quiz id's, and then redefine the formulas, in that order. (Also, I do not know if that makes a difference, but I think I've set the quiz id's in the quiz settings instead of the formula edit pages.)

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

Thanks i ve tried but it doesnt work... i have a post above... I cant change the id neither in the formula editing page nor in their own settings, as appears in grey and a signal of forbidden, so i cant write anything...

by Dominique Bauer -

Eduardo,

I am not an administrator or a programmer, I am just a user like you, and my suggestions are what I would try to do in a similar situation. Other people may be able to help you better.

What I would try now is to delete the assignments (only the troublesome, not all ) and rewrite them, hoping that it would get rid of a glitch in the database.

by Dominique Bauer -

Eduardo,

Here is another suggestion. Your site administrator should normally make regular backups of all courses on your school's Moodle site. You could ask him to restore the course from a date when it was working properly.

by Emma Richardson -

I would start by clearing caches in case that is just the issue (if you have access or ask your admin to do it).  Is the item being deleted the same item that won't allow you to edit it?  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

How can i clear caches ? Id tell how to the admin site....

Its the same running cron from the webpage than from the console ¿? Or hasdifferent effects. I have run as suggested in other forums and threads to run cron several times ( i did it three times). And the problem is still there. Still the message of  deletion in progress and i cant assign id to my tasks. Ive tried also to delete all the formulas just trying to rename again the ids of the tasks, but it doesnt work either..

Just to remind i idont know how to delete tasks, and i havent deleted any task ( i prefer to hide in case i want to use it in the future), and the admin only manages permissions and some routines, the content of the courses as the students enrollment is up to me.

Any help would be apreciated...

by Dominique Bauer -

Have you tried making new assignments and new gradebook formulas to see if they work? 

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

Yes, i can create new tasks and seems that i can attach a new id for the formulas. But still the problem with this tasks, still appearing message that task is going to be deleted ( deletion in progress). Pr1 and Pr2 suddenly has re-appeared ( suppose as a result of deleting all the formulas). Now my problem is with Pr7 ( you can compare image below with other posts in this same thread and you can easily watch that tasks with id problem or error have changed...

Just to simplify: some tasks are in deletion progress still, the id numeros of tasks used in formulas that gave me error has changed from one task to another without doing anything ( perhaps deleting the formulas helped).

It seems that moodle has some script or anything that wants to delete tasks automatically, the message is there the famous deletion in progress, but the tasks isnt deleted ( its more than a month and task still there)

Any help would be apreciated.

Nuevos errores

by Eduardo Gutiérrez -

Any ideas ?? Seems deletion in progress is a common problem in moodle.....as seen in other posts too...

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi all,

Doing some tests on my local Moodle. Created questions, created quiz, quiz taken by students, then deleted quiz. Now when I go to the grade book I see "[Deletion in progress] quiz 01".

How long does it take for the Deletion process to finish? Tried to purge all caches, to no avail.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I assume this is related to the new-ish 'recycle bin' feature. Sorry, don't know the details, but that might help you find the answer.

by Saeed Kavianipour -

Hi Eduardo

Did you find a solution for this situation?

I've a save problem and I don't know how to solve it!